Chef Huda’s Homemade Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Onion – Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic-Minced
- 1 cup of White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon of dry Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon of dry Thyme
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Basil Leaves (6 to 12 Leaves during on the size)
- 4 Leaves of Fresh Basil Leaves for Garnish-Roughly chopped
- Salt, Sugar, Garlic Salt and Pepper-Season to taste
- 2 cups of Water (Add more, if needed)
- One Box of Gemelli Pasta or Your pasta of choice
- Parmesan Cheese-for Garnish
Lets get Started
Please Wash your Hands…
Okay, now we are ready to start….
Pre-heat your oven for 450 F or on Broil.
Rinse the Tomatoes and place them into a oven safe pan.
Lightly drizzle some Oil on the Tomatoes and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper before placing in the oven.
Place the Tomatoes in the oven for 3-10 minutes.
Please note: The Tomatoes will start to shrink and will start to brown and split when they are roasted.
**Please watch your Tomatoes, they will burn.
Meanwhile, In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and sauté the Onions and Garlic.
Remove the Tomatoes from the oven, when they are done.
Add the Tomatoes to the pan with the sauteed Onions and Garlic.
Mix-in the remaining Ingredients and season lightly.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
While your Sauce is simmering, it is a Great time to cook your Pasta. Pasta will take 10-12 minutes to cook.
Let check back in with our sauce. After the 30 minutes stir and taste your sauce.
Blend and Season to Taste.